Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bracelets Galore!

Although I have several months to prepare for my May 2012 art show, I have decided to create a new portion to my booth. While I will still be selling my art, illustrations, coloring books and travel mugs; I have decided to do something aimed towards the teens, something they might enjoy.

I am excited to state that I have taught myself how to read the appropriate tutorials, so for my next art show I will be selling bracelets made from embroidery floss as well. While it is something that many people can teach themselves and learn how to do, they may not have the patience.

In fact, I was working on one at work the other day while the kids watched a movie and my coworker stood over my shoulder saying, "I just don't know how you have the patience for that." Yes, there is a lot of work involved and it hurts my fingers after a bit, but it's so rewarding when I give someone a bracelet and they sit there and stare at it mesmerized by it.

These are the ones I'm working on right now. A lanyard with a zigzag pattern, two with a fun pattern that somehow incorporates a heart, a thick one with lots of detail and a Nikon bracelet for the boyfriend. (He's quite the Nikon fiend.)

Well back to work I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment