Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gratitude Journal

I once took a class called Positive Psychology and was introduced to idea of a gratitude journal. It's a notebook that you write a few things in at the end of the day that you were grateful for throughout the day. I began to keep a gratitude journal only to learn that I spend a lot of time during the day looking for things that make me happy so that I can come home and jot it down in my gratitude journal. It causes me to be more positive and I have greatly enjoyed keeping one for the past year and a half.

I wanted to share a few things that come up often that I am grateful for...
 My boyfriend and I have been together for two and a half years. He is easily the biggest pain in my life (and that includes the twenty-five school age children I work with everyday), but he also knows how to make me laugh and forget when I'm frustrated with him or anything or anyone else. He makes it easy to be with him because he is understanding, honest and carefree. He honestly does bring out the best in me.
My nieces, Kaia (in the patterned shirt) and Lily (in the pink.) I look forward to seeing these two. Luckily I see Kaia almost daily and get to play around and listen to that contagious laugh of hers. I see Lily on the weekends and I always look forward to getting home from work so that I can cuddle with her and listen to her sing and talk in her baby language. They're a real joy. I adore these girls.
This isn't the best picture because my camera and I are fighting right now, but this is how I prefer to spend my mornings. On my back porch with my iPod and it's dock, my journal, my book (currently reading The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton) a cup of coffee and two of my awesome pens given to me by family. The duck quacks when you push on it's head and was given to me by my sister. When you squeeze the alligator's head, the eyes pop out and was given to me by my brother.

That's all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment